Friday, February 10, 2006

But wait, there's more...


I was a bit premature in my posting for the day so here's some more. Once again, my dear SP7 Cindy sent me a fabulous e-card for the weekend. This is perfect for my sock knitting endeavor! Thank you Cindy. I must admit that Susan Sarandon's and Yoko Ono's presence at the opening ceremonies were enough to trigger my gag reflux. I'll look past their appearances though and try to focus on the athletes who have worked so hard to be there.




My girls watched Bambi II for their Friday slumber party. Autumn made herself a set of antlers out of some maple branches and her bicycle helmut. This is probably the first time she's worn the helmut
without protesting. She is creative.








Finally, we've been agonizing over what to do with dear old Tasha. We adopted her in May from the Pierce County animal shelter. We knew she was older, but until the previous owner tracked up down we didn't know that she was over 16. It turns out that the old owner had to take a new job that required her to travel for long periods of time and after she made the decision to find Tasha (then Thumper) a new home she changed her mind, but we had already adopted Tasha. Then we adopted Bonny for the girls while Brian was in New Orleans for Hurricane Katrina. Bonny was only 8 weeks old at the time, so she is still a very young kitty. Well, Bonny torments Tasha... relentlessly. That coupled with the fact that we are probably going to have a big move makes me question whethor or not we should keep Tasha or return her to her previous owner of 10 years. She is a very sweet kitty and it's hard to know what is best and what will make her happy. Any feedback about this is welcome.




Here is Tasha being adorably available for petting...









And here is Bonny carrying around a bottle cap (her toy of choice).

2 Comments:

Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

It's a tough decision I'm sure,I had to leave 2 cats behind on our recent move as you well know, but given your future...that is in question...you might consider giving her back to her old mom. It all will be less stressful on her and you, and she must have been in good hands. At least she won't once again be going to a total stranger...good luck whatever choice you make.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Enigma said...

lol, my cat loves bottle caps too!
i love the way your sock looks so far - I think you should make matching gloves or wristwarmers too~ =)

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home