Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Friends Rock & so do Secret Pals!



At the risk of sounding corny, I'm going to write today about how fortunate I am. At the end of last night I was ready to take the kids and cats, drop a match on this house and just walk away. Then my old neighbor, Crystal, came over. She had brought boxes, packing paper and even some food as a treat. Then this morning I discovered that another friend, Venetia, had brought a stack of brand new boxes (still banded) and left them. Venetia also indulged me with not 1, but 2 bags of gourmet coffee. Then there is Karen, who has listened to me vent and rant throughout this ordeal without ever once telling me to shut my pie hole. And to top it all off, a package came today from Cindy, my SP7. Included in the wonderful package were, Valentine's Hershey's Kisses, An Orange Dream Scented Candle, a kitty loofah, an adorable card (now sitting on my computer desk), Mardi Gras Beads, a winter issue of Vogue Knitting and best of all, some beautiful, hand dyed sock merino in GREEN! Right now the chocolate is being consumed, the candle is being sniffed, Ashley is wearing the beads, the yarn is being fondled and I anticipate a bath with my kitty loofah while leisurely enjoying Vogue Knitting. Thank you Cindy! Reflecting back on the help and support during the past week from friends and family has made me realize that I need to lighten up on this whole job thing... it isn't that big of a deal. Happy Wednesday everybody!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Glad you are being loved in person!!! :) What great friends you have, chocolate how else do you say I love you!!!! Glad you are easing up, it will work out. The yarn is great to by the way...

4:53 PM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

What a great package to get during this stressful time. And green...your fav color. Find a few minutes each night, get those kids to bed, turn out all the lights except for the one by your knitting chair and have a cup of tea while you knit. Heide needs a bit of time too.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home