Thursday, February 09, 2006

The gauge is set, let the Olympics begin!


I made several test swatches for the gauge in the After Bertha socks. Now the countdown starts until the torch is lit.

The ceiling is finally painted in the master bedroom, but because this afternoon is Girl Scouts there probably won't be too much progress with the drywall.

The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. Living in western Washington, it's easy to forget that the sky is actually blue.

Okay, so I am admittedly a strange person, but one of my quirks is that I can't stand to see pets that have been ran over left on the road. I go back and pull the body off so that other cars won't hit it. This morning while taking Amber & Autumn to school there was a dead kitty. So after dropping them off I went back to remove his/her body. As I waited for a group of cars to pass the driver of the last car stopped long enough to glare at me before finally moving along. Now, even if she assumed that I had ran over the cat I had stopped to move it. What else would this woman have expected. Maybe I'll get a shirt printed to keep in the van that reads, "Animal Corpse Removal Service". I feel sorry for the owners when they find their kitty, but at least he won't be completely flat. On that happy note, have a great afternoon and evening.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hi, Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I came to check out your Olympic Sock Swatch, and I love that yarn!! Don't worry, you will do just fine. Two pairs is quite a challenge, but it looks like you're up for it!

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home