Sunday, April 02, 2006

Satellite Kitty


Poor Bonny had her second veterinarian visit this week. She hates me now for taking her to that dreadful place and some major sucking up is in order. She'll have tuna for lunch today. What happened is that last month she was spayed. All went well with the operation but about a week ago the incision site became inflamed due to her constant licking. The vet's solution was this fashionable Elizabethan collar and a topical antibiotic. Bonny is miserable with the collar and she has a hard time walking while wearing it. The good news is that we're getting excellent television reception while she's in the living room.

Just in case anybody thinks the collar is cruel and unwarranted I'm putting a small picture of her tummy on here. I really wouldn't have done this had it not been absolutely necessary.





I haven't had time to finish my Keohinani cable sock, but here is a picture of it so far. I love Mama-E's colors. The pattern is just one that I've made up. I based the measurements for stitch casting on and heel turning on the last pair of socks I made, but I replaced the lace pattern with some simple cables. The pattern is easy and I'll copy it all down and stick it in my notebook for future use.



Here is a close up showing Mama-E's fabulous colorway.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Bonny. Poor Heide. Pet guilt is awful, but less so than childguilt. At least she'll have a chance to heal. Your socks are incredible. I love them. I only hope the yarn you sent me turns out 1/2 as pretty. I'm learning the magic loop with the yarn you sent. I'll post a pic when I get there.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, that looks furry uncomfortable. i hope you get that collar off soon.

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love those socks!

I'm sure you wouldn't have done the collar unless it was absolutely necessary. I'm *not* looking at the photo, though ;o)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

oh poor Bonny. You'll be better soon and you can get rid of the horrid collar. Velvet had to wear one when he had his tail amputated - but we took it off at meal times cos he couldn't cope.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Oh, it knits up SO pretty!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

I should go get Alex's cat, Cloud, to show her what I could do to her if she doesn't stop opening the front door. LOL

I'm sure Bonny will be glad once it is off, but also, once her infection is gone. OMG, what we do for our critters/family.

Love the colorway on the sock...can you tell I'm in "knitting mode". I'm a crazed woman I tell you. It just keeps raining and I can't get outside to stain/paint the garden or chicken house...bummer. :)

Catch ya on the purl side...

2:33 PM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

P.S. Absolute quiet over on this side of Graham...oldest went to friends (he has the night off from work), middle child out in gameroom watching movies and surfing internet...youngest, on her computer playing Battlefield or some WWII game...ahhh, heaven, I'm in heaven...

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home