Monday, May 15, 2006

Thank you PoMo Golightly and KitKatKnits!

Today was another fun mail day (if you don't count the bills)! I received three packages. First was my yarn so that I could start dyeing some up for my Dye-O-Rama Buddy. Nothing much to see.

Second was a package from the delightful PoMo Golightly. I won a contest for helping her name her new traveling companion, Purl. Purl happens to be an adorable stuffed beaver who came all the way from Australia to live with PoMo. I was just honored to have the name I picked chosen, but I also received a package of "Tub Tea". I have never heard of this before, but I'm excited to get A1, A2 and A3 in bed tonight so I can take a bath! And there was a card with a knitter on the front (that is so cool to find something with a knitter). But wait, there's more. I also received a skein of Merino Frappe Crystal Palace Yarn! It is a lovely shade of blue and PoMo says that it's enough to make the cobweb capelet from SNB Nation! I have another project. Thank you PoMo, I love everything and I hope that you and Purl have a safe and exciting (rather contradictory) trip back east!



And finally, I received a consolation prize from KitKatKnits for guessing that the private airplane loo belonged to a first lady (I guessed the wrong first lady though). I believe she was afraid that my strange obsession with trying to guess whose toilet that was might mutate into some kind of stalking so she bought me off! Ha ha. From KitKatKnits I received a really cool, really pretty knitting tote. It has Monet's Water Lillies on it and the top zips shut. I can carry my pattern books, my new sock bag and several WIP's all at once! Thank you very much.

Oh, I almost forgot(sorry). Miss Aija won a gift certificate to KnitPicks for taking the quiz. Happy shopping Aija!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't know we had stuffed beavers here. I really must get out more ;)

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the yarn and the tub tea! I love both a lot and hope you do, too...I made several of those capelets for Christmas gifts, and I have a skein of that yarn in pink to make one for me (one of these days)!

I hope to post pix of me and Purl as we drive around the country...

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on winning these contests! I'm looking forward to see what you're going to make with the Crystal Palace yarn!

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your prizes are gorgeous. What a great mail day you had. I absolutely adore your knitting bag. It is beautiful. I can't wait to see your capelet (if that's what you end up making).

7:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow...you've been busy! I'm impressed. I had lots of catch up and read it all. I posted pictures...(dangling of carrot, here). Take care! m

12:13 PM  
Blogger aija said...

Hi Heide! I just received the KP gift certificate, thank you so much! (Now, what to choose...!)

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home