Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Ready, set, go!

PODS containers will be delivered tomorrow so I can start packing. A 5 gallon bucket of semi-gloss contractor white paint will be applied throughout the house to freshen up grungy walls (by yours truly of course). Painting sucks, but it does help. I'll start with the bathroom after my caffeine fix. The realtors are scheduled to be here Monday so selling contracts can be signed. Lots of items will be donated and sold, much to the dissappointment of the girls. It's a safe assumption that not much knitting will be finished over the next few weeks. I'll post opinions regarding the PODS moving experience when all is said and done. We've hired a full-service moving company and have moved via U-Haul and Ryder in the past. Neither experience was pleasant. Hopefully this will be better. A1 turns 10 on Saturday. I'm not sure what kind of party or celebration we'll have for her. She's requested money for clothes shopping. It works for me, as long as mommy frugality and fashion input are involved. I don't want her blowing all of her cash on an over-priced ho-bag outfit. Cheers all!

12 Comments:

Blogger sheep#100 said...

No ho-bag outfits!

Good luck with the painting and the move. We once joined friends in a painting party for their spruce-up-so-we-can sell. They ordered the pizza and we applied the paint. Just a thought.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ho-bag, hehehe

You crack me up ;o)

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't waste any time, do you?

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

*ho-bag oufit* LOL!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! How exciting. Hope it all goes well for you.

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, there's quite some busy days coming up to you! Fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly and well for you!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Wendy Stackhouse said...

I will be interested to hear how the POD move goes. We always think about moving back east (9 years) but we are NEVER renting a truck to drive cross-country EVER again. I am flying, thank you very much, and letting my stuff arrive later. Or taking my time (also without stuff) and stopping at every antique shop and scenic view. Hope everything goes smoothly!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! How exciting! How overwhelming! I'll be paying close attention - we'll have to move after I finish school. Wow....I wish you the best - that your house sells like *that* -snap of fingers-, you find the perfect house right away, that everyone stays healthy, that R loves his job, and you can keep it all together without losing your mind in the process.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oops, my finger went up instead of down...of course, I meant "B" not R in "...loves his job..." oy, that's what I get for trying to comment before coffee! ;-)

8:26 AM  
Blogger Gillian said...

Good luck with the packing and good yuk with the painting.
The pod sounds like a bit of work but at least you can take your time with it. Just keep a plan of where everything is in it in case it is needed sooner than you thought.
Cheers Gillian

2:52 PM  
Blogger Crankipantz said...

Oh yeah...moving is always a treat, isn't it? Good that you got yourself a moving company...I did this last time I moved and it was SO worth every penny! Watch out for those movers of course...last time I moved, they only accepted CASH...which would have been find had I known. You've got PODS though which my friend Steve just used and all went well...simple...easy.

Hope your move goes smoothly and make sure you send your new address to my email so we don't lose touch for 10 years again!!

:-)

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll move you for free if you'll service me. You're HOT!!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home