Thursday, August 24, 2006

WOW!

Yesterday I took the A-Team school clothes shopping. Keeping up with three children in a mall while trying to accomplish a task is dreadful. I hate shopping not involving book or yarn stores. Our promising and fruitful beginning wasn't meant to last.After an hour or so A2 & A3 became bored and A3 actually started hiding in the center racks of clothing while I was looking at clothes for her sisters. A2 started complaining about everything. And I mean everything. Between anxiety over A-3's hide and go seek routine, A-2's relentless whining and A-1's desire to dress like a hooker I finally called it quits. BTW, it's time to leave a store when the sales signs say, "$20.00 off on jeans." Holy cow, I wonder what the starting price was!

Driving home provided ample opportunity to ponder uncompleted painting and home repairs. At one point I considered returning to the mall.

But I came home to a most unexpected and amazing surprize. Cindy sent me a sanity package. Inside there were TWO skeins of her very own handspun. It's lovely and soft. But the wonders didn't stop there. There was also a copy of Nancy Bush's "Knitting Vintage Socks". I have long coveted this book! In addition she included the summer 2006 issue of "Spin-Off" with fabulous patterns and articles. There was a box of chocolates (yum), she also put in three beaded bracelets and a brand new notepad for my to-do lists. My daughters immediately seized the bracelets and proceeded to play dress up, so the bracelets aren't in the picture. Cindy, you are so thoughtful and I'm honored to receive the handspun you've worked so hard on. Thank you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

You are most welcome. I just wish we lived closer. Then we could kvetch. Until we do, virtual hugs will have to do.

10:05 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Nice pressies!

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful :o)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Quilt'n & Scrap'n TruckRLady said...

...if you think $20/off is bad.....

Jonathon & I were walking thru our local mall today (Saturday) and saw a store that said all jeans now $50 off !!!!

aint no way in HE!! this mom's shopping there for anyone I know.....and to be honest, I don't even remember the name of that store...

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home