Friday, November 17, 2006

Here comes the sun...

Yesterday the clouds parted and provided a much-needed respite from the blustery wind and drenching rains which have dampened both spirits and the ground in the northwest. Thankfully the roofer repaired the skylight and replaced some broken roof tiles prior to the latest storm so we stayed dry.

After our errands A3 and I drove down to Multnomah Village in south Portland to visit Northwest Wools. The shop was delightful. Much of the yarn is arranged by colors, rather than by brand. As a result you would find Cascade mixed with Manos Del Uraguay, Opal, etc. This arrangement made me want to mix yarns together, felt something and knit freeform without patterns, guage, etc. The walls were lovely to gaze at, but my feeble brain wanders easily. This type of shopping opportunity often leaves me buying yarns with no end project in mind. In other words, I add to my out-of-control stash. The clerks/owners (not sure who was a proprietor and who owned the shop) were all very friendly, they let me touch and sniffle yarn without giving me funny looks, etc.

Multnomah Village itself is rather Bohemian. Translation, lots of college-aged kids in ugly clothes and dread locks who reek of patchouli and lots of strange little shops. It's very reminescent of Fairhaven up in Bellingham, but without the splattering of "exclusive" shops and restaurants. My only reserve in being there with my daughter was that I don't think that was tobacco being smoked on the sidewalks.

Upon returning home we all seized a moment to soak up some sun in the back yard.

When the mail arrived it brought my new license plate frame (courtesy of Scout's Swag). It was immediately installed. Now I'll feel like a rebel with a bad-ass attitude in my mini-van. Whoo hoo!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Love the frame and the pic of your wee one. I'm so glad the rain has let up there. It has here, too, but we didn't get the snow (shock). It's gray here, though. Typical November in St. Louis. Have a great weekend. Did you buy anything at Northwest Wools? Have a terrific weekend.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspired me to blog my new bumper sticker that arrived today, yay!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Love the license plate cover. That's a scream. :o)

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The little trip you and A3 did sounds like so much fun! Multnomah Village seems to be pretty strange though - I didn't know there's still people running around wearing patchouli, LOL ;)
The license plate cover rocks big time, what a scream it is! ;)

4:46 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Love that license plate cover!
Thanks for the link.

8:31 AM  
Blogger tammy said...

Loving the license plate ring! That's brilliant.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Michal Wright-Ward said...

my god, when i own my own car, i'm getting this license plates - mark my words!

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOH! I love it!!!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home