Thursday, November 02, 2006

Paperwork bites


Today has been spent sorting through piles and piles of paperwork.












This is a "rustic" shawl started with my humble homespun. This drop-spindle stuff is addicting. I couldn't wait to try knitting with it.








And Whimsical Knitting is holding a contest over at her blog. She wants to see what y'all have been knitting. She wants to see your creations modeled, BUT they must be used or worn in a way other than what they were intended for. My elder daughters flat out refused, but A3 succombed to Halloween Bag bribery (hence the lollypop).
A3 is modeling the latest in handknit must haves for the up-coming holiday season.

This fun and fabulous hat is sure to turn heads. And it doesn't just make a fashion statement, but it's also highly functional. Just turn it over and it doubles as a handy doggy bag. And it's extra-large size allows you to hide bad hair or to discretely bring home a leftover smorgasborg ham or turkey. (my felted knitted bag).

If second helpings leave you gasping for breath then this shirt's for you! Simply slip into the little girls' room and re-wrap your top. You're ready for dessert. (scarf)

Make a statement with this one of a kind skort/leggings. Notice the handy potty portal. (my Noro pull-over)

No time for a pedicure? No problem with these ultra-chic party slip-ons. Your toes will be hidden, your corns comfortable and your bunions blessed. (mittens)

The final accessories in A3's holiday ensemble are these delightful gloves. Heavy drinkers will appreciate the lack of fussy finger holes. The multi-colored pattern will hide food stains and extremity frostbite is minimalized when house keys are fumbled due to the single pouch design. (socks).



4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

A3 is my kind of girl. What a character. Love the lollypop. Your shawl is beautiful. I'm so glad you're enjoying spinning. It is fun and just like with knitting, the more you do, the better you get. P.S. I hate organizing and filing. Hate it. Have a great weekend!!!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm glad you enjoying spinning! I'm addicted too. Your shawl is lovely and will be even more warm and beautiful as you made the yarn yourself!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Becka said...

LOL, thanks so much for linking the contest from here! I am about to post your photo on my blog now! It's too funny!!!!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Becka said...

Hey Again!
I must be crazy, you said, "The practical uses of my daughter's outfit are what make it "special" (refer to email)." on my blog and I can't find the email that you sent me! I saw the photo on your blog and then entered it in the contest from there...I think that I've lost my mind (this, I wouldn't doubt, LOL!) or the email got lost! Will you please email me again?
Thanks a bunch!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home