Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Soggy & Wet

All signs of this past summer's dry spell have been erradicated by torrential down pours. Having lived in western Washington for most of my life you'd think this would seem like no big deal. You learn to take road closures, soil erosion, clogged culverts and leaking roofs in stride.
But this is too much.


This would be the roof between the skylights in my knitting room. And that large bubble (diameter of a softball) would be pooled water under the paint, slowly moving down the slanted ceiling.



And this is my favorite knitting chair. The inspector said that it's just a flashing problem and that it's no big deal structurally. That's a relief, but I still re-located my yarn. No sense taking any chances.



Yesterday I received a prize from Karen. It is a skein of Superwash Merino, hand dyed and donated to Karen's walk-a-thon by Scout. The colorway is called "Daisies" and it is very bright and happy on an otherwise dull day. Thank you Karen and thank you Scout! My DH honed in on and finished off the candy even before the kids could. Better him than me!

A3 had her stitches removed yesterday and she's healed beautifully. Children are amazingly resiliant.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oooh noooo, a leak in your knitting room is terrible!!! I hope it's all patched up soon. Glad the package could brighten up a rainy day!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

I was so happy to see you won! Full circle right? Didn't I win a skein from you?

2:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Pretty yarn, crappy leak. The joys and surprises of homeownership. Thank heaven you could move your yarn before it got wet! I'm also glad little one has healed so well. BTW, your A's are way more bribable than my Mum. She's a stubborn thang.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh send some rain our way, we are in the process of a drought and desperately need the rain. I love the yarn that you won, how beautiful. Are you going to make something for yourself out of it, or maybe a present for someone in your family. I hope your roof gets fixed soon too, would not want the yarn to be ruined.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

Aaagh! Leaks and paint bubbles scare me. I hope that resolves quickly. Leaks and colds and rain. Good thing there's some pretty yarn to counter it all.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad A3 is better!

I'm with you on moving the yarn - must.save.the.yarn!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home